Thursday, January 10, 2008

Organization

My word for 2008 is "Organization". I was not born with the gift of organization. It is something I have to work at very hard. I believe if you have organization in your life and in your home there is some kind of peace. I have been working on a new thing since January 1. I get up and get myself ready for the day, get the boys to school and come straight back home. I immediately make sure all beds are made, rooms are picked up, laundry started, empty dishwasher, figure out dinner. I try to be done with this by 9:30 am. Then I run whatever errands I need to run and I have the rest of the afternoon. So far it is working good. I feel more at ease and happier that my house is clean. In the evenings, I get lunches made for the next day so that is one less stress I don't have to deal with in the mornings. I make sure my dishes are all in the dishwasher, sink clean and start the dishwasher! Now my next step is to get back to the gym. When the Christmas vacation started, I just couldn't find the time to get there with all the craziness of the holidays. I have one room left to unpack and that is our office/craft room. I have been shredding and cleaning out. It feels so good. We just moved my mom in July out of the home I grew up in. I couldn't believe the amount of stuff my mom had consumed in 48 years. Some things were cool she kept but there was a ton of junk. After going through that, I decided I was going to not have junk in my home that my kids would sometime have to trash. I will not ever put anything in our attic. If it needs to go in the attic, we don't need it. I reorganized my Christmas stuff so it fits in the garage on shelves. So much more to do. So wish me luck that by the end of 2008, I have my entire house all organized!

No comments: